We will continue to learn about light and sound. During this short unit, students will become familiar on how sound is produced, what causes pitch to vary, as well as the parts if a sound wave. They will also identify the types of lens and the types of materials can travel through (or cannot). There will also be a quiz on light and sound this Friday!
S4P1 - Students will investigate the nature of light using tools such as mirrors, lenses, and prisms.
- a. Identify materials that are transparent, opaque, and translucent.
- b. Investigate the reflection of light using a mirror and a light source.
- c. Identify the physical attributes of a convex lens, a concave lens, and a prism and where each is used.
S4P2 - Students will demonstrate how sound is produced by vibrating objects and how sound can be varied by changing the rate of vibration.
- a. Investigate how sound is produced.
- b. Recognize the conditions that cause pitch to vary.
5/1 - Study vocab
5/3 - Weebly practice
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Mr. Pham, Mrs. Alterman, Ms. Densmore, Mrs. Widis, and Ms. Zarzour
This week in history:
5/1 - Olympic athlete Archie Williams was born in 1915.
5/5 - Alan Shepard became the first American in space in 1961.